Wednesday, January 5, 2022

On the Mandela Effect

My opinion of the Mandela Effect is that it is caused by people falsely perceiving an event they saw earlier and then when they see the same event again later more accurately, they believe that reality has somehow changed for them.  I have never considered the Mandela Effect to be legitimate until I experienced my own example of it.  I saw a movie not too long ago that I knew contained a scene I liked and wanted to see again.  I did not particularly care about the movie but I watched it just so I could see that scene again.  But when the scene came, it did not match my memory at all of the scene I had seen earlier in "the same movie".  It was the same movie but the scene was completely different.  I have a clear memory of that scene and I tell you that the scene I saw recently was not the scene I saw earlier.  It was similar but many things about it were different.  Logic says that I must be misremembering the scene but I tell you I have a very clear memory of the earlier scene and I am not misremembering it. There were so many differences its like it was a different version of the same movie but I know that only one version of this movie was made. This is not the first instance of something I had seen earlier changing. The idea that perceived reality might not be a constant but is something that is created in the moment inside the mind is very thought evoking.

1 comment:

  1. I swear that I meet "Mandela effect" cases so many times in my life, so many times. You have just experienced it 1 time but I experienced it SO MANY times, with many movies and other many real-life situations. I am confident that my memory is good. I don't remember them wrong and then start claiming bullshit. I am not delusional. For example, in one movie, I remember 100% that the character got stabbed in her stomach, but then when I watch this movie again I saw her get stabbed in her chest!!! So strange. It is like I am living in a dream, not real-world. It is like I am living in a multiverse and my soul just switch to the version of myself in another different universe in the multiverse. When I researched the Mandela effect, I saw many people experienced it similar to me and you. Too many people experience it for it to be false, and this is why the scientific concept/theory of the Mandela effect comes into existence.

    ReplyDelete