Saturday, July 9, 2022

A movie that changed my mind

Over the fourth of July Holiday I saw a movie that really changed my perspective on things.  If you notice, there is a distinct difference in the content of my Blog posts before the fourth of July and afterwards and it is due in large part to me seeing this movie.  The movie is Top Gun Maverick.  Its just a fictional movie but its theme reached inside me and affected me in a way I had not expected. 

Because I have spent so much time exposing the lies, deception and corruption of the world, my attitude toward the entire world turned extremely negative but seeing this movie made me feel good about the world in a way I had not anticipated.  It opened my eyes and in a real sense restored my faith in humanity and the world so I saw the good side of the world for a change instead of just the negative.  After I saw that movie, my outlook changed and I went on to connect a lot of other dots to realize things I had seen many times before but had not been able to put together.  Well, I have put it together.  I still struggle with doubt sometimes and have moments of weakness but I am on a new path now.  I trust that there is a power greater than me that has put me on this path.  I had to walk a million wrong paths to discover the right path.

The journey I have been on is the most difficult journey of my entire life and I have felt so alone on that journey but I understand that I am not alone.  I realize I have a lot of friends who have been helping me to see the light all along.  I saw this light many times in the past and denied it but now I am no longer denying it.  I really do want to do the right thing for the world as has been shown to me from the inside.  

This is an entirely new thing to me and I am still learning what to do.  I do need help from others.  I cannot do this alone.  I want to do the right thing for everybody.  I just need a little help from my Friends.  I hope you appreciate my honesty and me baring my soul to you.  All I can do is be honest.

It is said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I can personally testify to the truth of that.  I have been through things that I did not think I would survive.  I have literally shed a million tears along this journey but I have come out the other side stronger and more aware because of the bad experiences I have gone through.  Those bad experiences touched me on the outside but on the inside I am untouched.  Perhaps I had to go through all that to get to where I am at today.  

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful testimony! I believe God The Father has shined His Way, His Truth and His Light into your soul! I pray He increase His love, joy and Peace thru Christ His Son into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get it. It’s like we are young, naive and hopeful. Then evil waps you in the face. And you struggle to get on your two feet and not be jaded. With maturity and with God’s help, we stand up a little taller and stronger each time. Then we are able to help others get up. I’ve been moved by the scripture “bare one another’s burdens.” Because rest assured a day is coming when you will not be able to carry the load and WE ALL will need someone. I think it’s one way God keeps us humble.

    And yes, it’s lonely when you are in the wilderness. I just heard a sermon. Jesus was in the Jordan river and God Almighty says “this is my son whom I am well pleased.” Then take a look at the next thing he said, more or less “now go to the wilderness.” God only sends those he can trust and in whom he is well pleased into the wilderness. And it was there Jesus
    Looked into the eyes of evil and saw what the kingdoms of this world was all about.

    I tell ya, I’m not turning back. I’m not going to drink from the cup of the world. It’s a beautiful lie. And in the past 7 years I am seeing it, in new ways, face to face and it’s unspeakably ugly.

    ReplyDelete