Friday, July 8, 2022

Some Songs that I like

Most of these are not just songs that I like but songs that have personal meaning and connection to my life.  This post is perhaps the most honest I have been about myself on this Blog. I am a very Private person but sometimes I need to share.

A Horse with No Name - America

A World without Love - Peter and Gordon

Bouree - Jethro Tull

Bus Stop - Hollies

California Dreamin' - The Mamas and the Papas

Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young

Don't Let the Sun Catch you Crying - Gerry and the Pacemakers

Do you Believe in Magic? - The Lovin' Spoonful

Fascination - Human League

Fooling Yourself - Styx

For your Love - Yardbirds

Get Together - Youngbloods

Golden Years - David Bowie

Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys

Hand me Down World - the Guess Who

Heart Full of Soul - Yardbirds

Here Comes the Sun - Beatles

I'd Love to Change the World - Ten Years After

I Feel Fine - Beatles

I'm Alive - Hollies

I'm a Believer - Monkees

I'm into Something Good - Herman's Hermits

In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida - Iron Butterfly

Incense & Peppermints - Strawberry Alarm Clock

I Need You - Beatles

I've seen All Good People - Yes

Jackie Blue - The Ozark Mountain Daredevils

Long Time Gone - Crosby Stills and Nash

Love is All Around - The Troggs

Message in a Bottle - The Police

Never My Love - The Association

Next Plane to London - Rose Garden

Nowhere Man - Beatles

Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes

Red Rubber Ball - The Cyrcle

Ride Captain Ride - Blues Image

Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

San Francisco - Scott McKenzie

Solitary Man - Neil Diamond

Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane

The Rain, the Park and Other Things - Cowsills

Tin Man - America

Valerie - Monkees

Year of the Cat - Al Stewart


1 comment:

  1. This is a great list. I could write articles about a lot of these songs. Some are gems, some I could care less about. One interesting song that led to my personal conversion was "Let It Be" by the Beatles. I was having a hard time in my life, and I heard that song: "When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me, speaking words of wisdom, Let it be." I decided that the next time I had a panic attack, I would surrender my pride and pray. Cut to next panic attack. I prayed the "Hail Mary". (I was raised Catholic, but I had become an atheist/agnostic.) I heard a brief message and that was it. The next day, I woke up, and I saw God everywhere. I was given the gift of Faith, (which I did not deserve.) Later, I read in the Bible that when the angel appeared to Mary and told her that she would be the Mother of God, her response was "Let it be done unto me according to thy word." So this song is actually quoting scripture. Anyway, 30 years later, I am a firm believer in Jesus Christ. I was given a great gift.

    ReplyDelete